As part of the nomination, I have been given a few questions to answer. I am flattered and encouraged that someone is enjoying my blog. I'm not sure what else to do besides answer the questions and post them here, so here goes:
1. What prompted you to set up a blog?
I started my first blog in/around 2005, on a site called BlogIt, because I wanted to connect with other writers and possible readers for my yet-to-be-born book, The Other Side of 30. I guess I must have caught the blog bug, because I've had several blogs since the BlogIt blog, including on MySpace, Blogger, She Writes, Wordpress, and on my publishing site, New Renaissance Ink. I started this Write on Time blog in 2010, shortly after I self-published my book, again, hoping to connect with potential readers.
2. When did you discover you liked to write, and why?
I discovered my love for writing when I was about seven years old. I wanted to be like my uncle Harvey, who wrote poems. I like the way his poems made people think, and smile, and even moved to tears. I wanted to do that.
3. What is your favorite writing setting? (Coffee shop, office, etc.)
I like to write at home on the weekends. I guess that's because that's where and when I get most of my down time with very few distractions.
4. What is your favorite time of day? Least favorite?
My favorite time of day is around 4:30pm on Fridays. My least favorite time of day is about 9:30pm on Sunday (or whatever day is the last day of the weekend).
5. If you could have anything you wanted, at this moment, what would it be?
At this moment, a bacon sandwich and a tall glass of cold raspberry lemonade.
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
Watching poorly done Youtube videos, and then talking about how poorly done they are.
7. If you were trapped on an island with only three things, what would they be?
Food, baby wipes, a good book.
8. What is your favorite animal?
I don't seem to have a favorite animal.
9. How would you describe yourself in five words or less?
Nerdy, but nearly normal
10. You are offered $100,000,000, but you may never write again. Do you take the money? (Crazy question, I know!)
11. What is your favorite television show, and why?
The original Law & Order, whenever I catch it on.
Now, I believe the rules require me to nominate other bloggers and ask a series of . I don't read a lot of blogs, but I am subscribed to many of the ones that Eva already nominated. One other to which I'm subscribed is Insatiable Booksluts. It's a blog maintained by three bloggers who read and review books by lesser known authors. I think they're pretty cool.